Tuesday 19 February 2013

Day Four


DAY FOUR

Breakfast: Mushroom soup.
Lunch: Shake
Dinner: Tomato soup. 2 Crackerbread.
BG: 10.6

Saw my usual GP today, who is brilliant and is quite happy to supervise me on this diet. Also he will prescribe me strips until my blood sugar is under control to my satisfaction.

He also weighed me, and I have lost over half a stone in a week and a half.

Since I've only been doing this diet 3 days, I think the weight loss is more likely due to cutting out carbs last week. Hopefully, it will continue.

Tonight, I had my first moment of feeling that I was "giving up" something. I felt like I was looking forward to something, and then realised that eating tea is not really an event anymore (given that it was homemade tomato soup). It passed.

I also made half of today's shake with water, and it occurred to me that the protein content listed includes the protein in the milk, so now I am wondering how to go about getting adequate protein to encourage fat loss rather than muscle, without breaking the calorie threshold.

I should also say my GP has advised me to continue on 500mg of Metformin, but not to increase the dose yet until the effect of the regime can be determined. I had stopped taking them at all for a couple of days before seeing him as I didn't want to endanger myself, but he says the metformin can't make my BG too low, so that's a relief.



No comments:

Post a Comment