Friday 15 February 2013

Day One


DAY ONE

Today was the first day of the diet.

Breakfast: 1 Pink Lady Apple
Lunch: Shake
Dinner: Low Fat Noodles, Blueberries w/25g Greek Style Natural Yoghurt.
BG: 8.8

I have felt quite hungry, but not terribly light-headed. I suspect that the hunger will diminish as my body gets used to the lesser amount of food. I took the dogs out for exercise.

Moodwise, I have felt more positive than usual, though I have been a little more irritable.

Anyway... that was the day.

I have made an Excel sheet to track my mood, blood glucose and weight at once, so that I can see any issues as soon as they arise and take steps to deal with them. As the weeks pass I may share some of those on this blog for information.

My BG today was 8.8, midway between breakfast and lunch. Incidentally, that's the first time I've seen it in single figures.

Not knowing what to do about Metformin (I am supposed to be on 500mg, going up to an eventual 2000mg), I have decided not to take it. I have an appointment with my usual GP on Monday, so will defer to him on whether to continue with it or not whilst on this diet.




No comments:

Post a Comment